Saturday, March 29, 2008

a week's worth of games combined

Weekdays are hard. I can't hide it. Working all day, having to do home reading, caring for the pets, making supper, giving Maelie a bath, tidying up, dishes, etc.... There is basically no time for Maelie and I to just play together. I feel bad about it because some days, Maelie would just like to sit with me and play a board game of some sort. When two parents are home in the evening, one can do stuff and the other can play with the child, however, with Bill working evenings, it just doesn't happen. There are things i HAVE to do in the house, so playng board games gets pushed off the list.



Since yesterday was Friday, we had no pressures going to bed early so I played a bunch of games with Maelie. I think we covered one for every day of the week! I hope it counts!

2 comments:

Edward said...

Life and parenthood are just like you describe for me too. I think it is great that you make such an effort to play with Maelie despite your busy life. Glad to hear you both had a good time.

Anonymous said...

From the day a child comes into this world, a mother is filled with guilt about everything.... it is just part of life.