I borrowed the frog mold from a friend's friend because they were sold out at L'Artisan du dessert.
Here's a cute little turtle. I realize that for Easter, people much prefer 3D chocolates than anything else. So I figured I would expand my selection. At first I didn't like making 3D ones because they are time consuming and sometimes, you end up with holes at the seams. That drives me up the wall because I have to start over again.

Maelie saw a little squirrel mold that she found so cute. Unfortunately, it seemed to me like it would tip over easily. So I got a bigger more stable looking one. So this is what turned out. It's pretty big, but it's actually the easiest to make. It has no color so the heat of the brown chocolate doesn't matter so much. (when you have color, and add really hot brown chocolate, the color will run and then it doesn't look nice at all.
So there you have it... the last of the Easter chocolates... next on the list will be Maelie's birthday chocolates (party favors fore her friends).
1 comment:
Great Job Jenn!!! I have been keeping on with your blog...hope you havent been keeping up with my lack of blogging!!!!! You have done an amazing job with your chocolates and I am so proud of everything maelie has been doing! cant believe she is almost six! I hope you have an excellent easter and that the easter bunny has a good time hiding everything!!!! miss you guys!
Post a Comment