Sunday, March 30, 2008

Meal Plan Monday



Another week... another plan! See Org junkies site for more menu ideas.

Some days, I wish I had many hours in my day to prepare hearty, healthy meals for my family. But being realistic, I start preparing at 4:45 pm and Maelie needs to eat. now.

I think these meal plans are making my meal making more enjoyable. Though I do find it a bit of pressure to figure all of this out on Sunday, throughout the week, I do notice how simpler it is to just have it all figured out ahead of time. Unfortunately, I am not sure we have spent less on groceries yet... but it was for stocking up purposes on some sales.

This is what I have come up with this week:

Monday: chicken tournedos (leftovers from Sunday) with veggies

Tuesday: Lemon chicken and rice from Taste of Home, with salad.

Wednesday: whole wheat pita pizzas (pita bread, spread pizza sauce, cover with cheese and veggies, bake) with salad

Thursday: Pork chops with onions and apples from Taste of Home, with veggies and potato

Friday: paté chinois with veggies and salad

2 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Pâté chinois looks good, but of course I can't read French...is this like Sheperd's Pie?

:)

JennP said...

hi Niki,

yes, pate chinois is basically sheperd's pie. There are so many ways of making it. However I keep it very simple. On the bottom I put ground meat with onions (we usually use ground chicken as opposed to ground beef, or we do half half). I use a 9X13 gladd dish. On top of the cooked meat, I put 2 cans of corn Some use creamed corn, but I just use the canned plain one. Then on top I put a layer of mashed potatoes. This is the one I grew up on, and that's why I don't add extra things. I have seen many recipes with a lot of extras mixed in with the meat. While it would be nice , I don;t think my daughter would like the mix, whereas she loves the plain one.

Thanks for your comment! :)

JennP