
After getting home yesterday, I took out a few books to browse through to figure out my week of menus. Jacinthe shared one of her new books recently "Boites a lunch sante" by Genevieve O'Gleman, nutritionist. It's a very colorful book with many easy healthy recipes. Most recipes are a hit with her kids. I decided to give it a try and bought it myself. So this week, I will try out 2 of the recipes (Mon & Thurs). I personally LOVE recipe books that have color pictures. It's a great marketing strategy with me, that's for sure.
This is my second week actually participating in Org Junkies Menu Plan Mondays. I enjoy it as it makes me plan ahead.
Monday: Petits pains au jambon (This is actually a muffin made with cheddar cheese and ham, a couple cups of mashed potatoes, flour, baking powder and and a few spices.) I will serve salad and veggies with this. Recipe comes from "Boites a lunch sante"
Tuesday: Cheesy Chicken roll ups (From Kraft)served with salad and veggies
Wednesday: It's a Wonderful Loaf from Crazy Plates . This is a VERY good recipe. It uses a mix of lean ground chicken and extra lean ground beef. Everyone in this house, including Maelie, loves this recipe. I make them in muffin tins, so I can easily grab a couple and take them to work. I match this with either potatoes, rice or barley and vegetables.
Thursday: Fusilli aux legumes en sauce cremeuse (from Boites a lunch sante). This is a pasta salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots, radishes, yellow peppers and green onions. The creamy sauce actually is made with a bit of tofu. Needless to say, I am not volunteering this information to Bill. I may add the leftover ham afrom Monday as a side or mixed in the salad.
Friday: Saucy pepper steak stir fry. I don't know if I will actually go through with this one, mainly because it is a Friday and we might have a lot of leftovers... I will see when the time comes. But the picture looks delicious.
2 comments:
Your menu looks great! I love the Crazy Plate cookbook too (and the other 2 in the series)
Your menu looks great! I too love cookbooks with color photos, I wish the folks that make cookbooks would realize that those of us that are using them want photos with EVERY recipe. I have never heard of this cookbook, will have to look it up.
Cheers, have a great week,
Kiy
Post a Comment