Here is a sneak peak at what's coming soon.... (fot those who are wondering... this is a butterfly pinata).
a party! Maelie will be turning 6 soon and we will have a party at home. We have been thinking about it for months! Maelie wanted to have a treasure hunt. But there was no way that she want a pirate kind of party. She just wants the treasure hunt game. I suggested so many things to her... and none seemed to appeal to her. So this past week, she finally came to terms with the theme: butterflies and flowers. So to put a twist on it, it will be a Butterfly & Flower treasure hunt party. There has to be a pinata involved every. single. bday. Some years we make it, other years we buy it. It all depends on the time frame. Right now, since Easter and Maelie's bday are so close.. I bought it to save time.
I don't usually buy matching accessories for parties. I don't believe in spending so much on those things. But since she got a very generic party theme, the items were 1$ at the party/dollar store. So yesterday she was amazed and couldn't believe that I got matching glasses and napkins with butterflies on them.
I love kids parties and am very excited about it! Maelie saw a flower cake that she would like so I may go out and rent the mold. I don't know if I trust my icing abilities though... we'll see.
You'll be hearing a lot more on the upcoming bday! so stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment