If you recall this post , I decided to make meals plans for the week. This was mainly to not spend so much on groceries (we probably spend as much as a family of 6) just by going to the grocery store too often.
So the results of my meal planning week are positive in general. I brought lunches to work EVERY single day! The only thing I bought was a bowl of soup to accompany my meal (twice). This in itself is a success! I find we wasted a lot less food at home since I didn't have to throw out uneaten things.
We did however still go to to the groceries a few times (well, Bill went). There were a few staples to stock up on. Important things like Ketchup, honey... etc. But right now, we are well stocked up, all we will need to get are fresh veggies this weekend.
I must say, I covered the dishes from the list last week but a couple of things were switched around (due to the missing ketchup). I have to say, I really do cook well when I do cook! LOL I enjoyed the recipes that I tried.
Stay tuned for the 2nd weekly meal plan tomorrow. Probably consisting of a few "egg" meals due to Easter! (can't waste the eggs just to get the shells!)
No comments:
Post a Comment