Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring housecleaning

I have started having the spring fever (i think) even if we ARE buried in 20 feet of snow. I want to start decluttering once and for all. I realize that being in my clutter dries me absolutely up the wall. I get anxious feelings just walking into my place!
I started analyzing what the problem is and how to solve it little my little
.
I realize that I just keep many things around just in case I get time to do them. Which I KNOW won't ever happen. I have so many crafty ideas, but have no time to do any of them right now at this point in my life.
Also, I keep a LOT of knick knacks around the house. Things that don't really have a home. I also have a ton of picture frames which I realize now are more of a hassle than anything. Not that I don't enjoy looking at pictures of our family... however, i do think that one solution would be to get a big frame with multiple slots and stick all the pictures in there and hang it on the wall. This way I would be able to put away the picture frames sitting on every shelf in the house and then have a more focal point for my pictures.

This weekend I took on one of my cupboards in the kitchen. It seems clean right now, and I am just hoping I can keep it that way. Now I have to find a home for everything I took out of there!!

1 comment:

Edward said...

Good Luck Jenn! Spring cleaning and getting organzied is a big chore but so nice after it is done! I need to do some too.