Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer vacation - Day 33

Maelie and I went out and bought my new Blackberry case today after work. Since we walked around the mall a lot, her foot was pretty tired when we got home. She wanted to go to bed as soon as we got home!

I really wanted to plant the green and yellow beans in hopes that they will sprout fast so I can plant them in the yard before it is too late!!

First off though, here is my new tablecloth! I got it on clearance for cheap and it's gorgeous!


Here are the 2 varieties I planted. We have a few green ones in the garden now, but it seems as if we don't have enough! Maelie LOVES garden beans!


This time I got a 72 Jiffy peat moss pack! It comes with a heater, so I will use it early next spring to get some early veggies!! I'll be all set!!


I had to add a lot of water to get the little packets to pop up.... then i stuck 3 beans in each.


I covered them and put them in the dark so that they will sprout faster... hopefully they will be ready before the fall!


I am thinking  that I can plant them in the area where my radishes are, and by the time they are big enough, we will also have eaten some carrots so we'll have more room. It's exciting to walk outside and just eat stuff straight from the garden!! For the next year, I am hoping to have more planting beds so that I can plant different items!! At times, i wish i had a HUGE yard to plant a ton of stuff!! but then i come to my senses and figure i probably wouldnt like to have a garden that would require a ton of work!

1 comment:

frankathwork said...

Love love lovvvvvvvve the tablecloth! BOUGht Sandrine a dress almost like it! Where did you get it?