Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer vacation - Day 17

Today started out slowly once again! Maelie woke up at 9:30 and we just hung out, surfed online, played the Wii a bit. Once we were ready to do something, we headed off to Juniper Farm to see what veggies they had for sale so far.


We got some garlic scapes, turnips, beets, cilantro and savoy cabbage. I will have to work on what I can make this week! We were a bit disappointed that there were no beans, but it's just the beginning of the season, so I am not giving up hope! It's such a cute and welcoming farmside place in the middle of nowhere!



This year, they changed the chicken area a bit, and now we saw these guys.... not sure what they are... turkeys??


I love the flowers that they have around the little store.


So gorgeous!!


Peluche was really happy to discover new dog smells! He had to mark his territory all over the place of course!!


This evening, Maelie was trying to understand why Peluche made such a mess around his dog food bowl. She observed and saw that he ate certain kibbles, and pushed away others. She figures the ones he pushed away are the healthier ones!! She sat down and decided to sort the kibbles.


What is she doing to my food???


Another week starts tomorrow.... back to work it is.

No comments: