Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer vacation - Day 20

The good thing about the hot weather is that you don't feel as bad getting an ice cream! Maelie and I headed to the new ice cream place for a little dessert after supper. This new place also has a big candy area. I noticed that they painted "Le paradis de Maelie" on the wall! That's so cute!! Apparently the owner's daughter is Maelie. With an accent... MaƩlie. It's a popular French name! When I named her over 11 years ago... we lived in Manitoba and I had never heard it before!


Here is Maelie with her ice cream in front of an old brick wall...


Of course there was more swimming tonight!! The breeze was actually not so bad. As Maelie was in the pool, and I was lounging on the deck, we could hear our neighbor and friends singing gospel music in their pool! It was actually quite relaxing. Maelie found it quite strange. I'm sure they find US strange at times!!


Let's hope the heat and humidity die down soon because I HATE that kind of weather. Most of my family can't stand the heat. It's hard to do anything outdoors when you are all wet just standing outside.

No comments: