Thursday, December 9, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 9



Day 9 started off with a very tired little girl again! But she mustered up the energy to open up her advent calendar...



She likes to open up kinder surprises and get the toy out, but she doesn't actually eat the chocolate most times. She may have an occasional tiny piece... but not often.



When I was at work, the school called. Maelie was extremely tired, she did not look very functional. I guess that today, they did a lot of talking about the classmate they lost in the accident, and so it wore Maelie out completely. Once home, I explained to her that when we go through strong emotions, whether good ones or bad ones, we can feel tired, drained, completely wiped out.

Maelie looked like she needed to be comfy cozy in her jammies, so to cheer her up, I took out a new jammie I got her for Christmas at La Senza girl and let her have it today. She wanted to pose with some activity presents in her hands.



I gave her permission to open up one activity present for us to work on together. She was ecstatic about that!



It was a small 100 piece puzzle that we worked on together. It was a very short and fun activity for us.



It didn't require too too much attention.



Ta-Da!



We had an early supper... and then I asked Maelie if she wanted to head off to bed. She was very happy I suggested that! She played DS for a few minutes and then fell asleep. It was 5:45 !! I really hope and pray for a really sound sleep for her tonight. She has had it rough thinking and worrying about Brandon's family. I really pray that their family find the peace they need during this hard time. The best thing I can do right now is just to love and care for my daughter and appreciate every second of every day.

Happy holidays to all... :)

No comments: