Saturday, December 18, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 17



Day 17! Hurray it's Friday! Since we went to bed a little later last night, it was a bit harder for Maelie to be awake and happy about it. It lasted the time of the advent calendar.



I let her sleep in a bit til 6:40, however then she had to rush a bit more. She was upset that I got her up so late and that she was in a hurry. There is no winning some days! :)



This morning I finished sending the last of my out of town Christmas cards. This little gingerbread one is so cute! I found the idea online from someone else, however I modified the background to music notes, and added a poinsettia.



We had our Christmas extravaganza party today at work. We had a gingerbread decorating area, a baking contest, a dart competition, a raffle and a pot luck!



This little guy looked very serious and angry! LOL so cute!



This was the last chance to buy raffle tickets for the sleigh.



This was the baking contest area. They were pretty yummy!! I can't believe I didn't take a pic of the pot luck table!! It was overflowing as usual! Everything went well, we all had a wonderful time!



When we got home, Maelie had a gift for me from daycare. It was funny because she cannot wait until Christmas for my gifts. I had to open it up right then and there. There was a nice ornament which was decorated by Maelie. We can't see that too well on the picture.



She also decorated an apron and had a kitchen towel and towel ring in it. So cute!!



We headed off to bed very early to relax! It was really nice to just do nothing all evening!! We need some of those sometimes! Especially after a busy day like this!!

No comments: