Thursday, December 23, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 23



Day 23! 2 more days! This morning, Maelie was off school but I had to go to work, so she stayed home with Bill. I wanted to make sure Bill took a picture of her opening up her advent calendar. As he was still sleeping when she got up, he told me that she had already taken care of that herself.... so I was wondering what I would come home to! Well this is it! A picture of herself with her advent surprise! LOL



At work today we had our team lunch. We seem to have been partying a lot this past while at work! Gotta love it! Maelie spent the afternoon at Naomie's house playing. Once I was home, the girls came here as Sonia had a few errands to run. We met up with her at Cage aux Sports for supper. That was the girls' choice.



When we got home, Maelie and I brought the Christmas presents upstairs. Maelie was soooooo excited. Every year, she doesn't touch her gifts at all. She just looks and admires how many she sees! LOL I think she is still at the age where quantity is important. She was sitting facing the tree singing the national anthem to the gifts! Then she started modifying the lyrics and sang songs about her presents!!



Needless to say, she cannot wait until Christmas! Usually, we open up gifts Christmas morning. However, this year, we will need to open them Christmas Eve because we have to drive Bill to the airport at about 5 am.... and as much as I love traditions, I do not want to get up at 2 am and rush to open gifts so we can fly out the door on time. We will be opening our presents after supper on Christmas Eve.

Oh Happy Day!!

1 comment:

Kath said...

Happy Christmas guys !

Hmmm ... You could have always waited until AFTER bringing Bill to the airport to open up your presents, you know ... This is just an excuse to open them up before the whole world :P

Hope you have a merry Christmas !