Saturday, December 11, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 11



Exactly two weeks til Christmas day... wow!!



I was excited to see Maelie's reaction today when she opened up her advent calendar. She put her fingers in the box and then turned her head to look at her Hexbugs... hehehe She could feel the little feet of a new one!



She was ecstatic! It was in her favorite shade of turquoise!



She asked me to take a picture of all her small hexbugs.



Early on, we worked on decorating our cookies. I was making them for Natalie's Girly Christmas party. Maelie was making them... for Maelie! Here are the ones she worked on....



Here were my Christmas ornaments. I had issues with my piping things... so I ended up having to use a knife to spread the icing on. It did not turn out as I would have wanted but it's the intention that counts LOL



I took Maelie to bowling for her first game and then Bill met up with me so I could go to Natalie's party. Here are her place cards... aren't they awesome?



Here are the place settings. It was very nice and creative!



I laughed because I won two ribbons for my cookies, but that morning Maelie was telling me I was pretty boring decorating all my cookies the same.



Here is the loot I took back from the cookie exchange! It looks SO gorgeous all together!



Once we got home, Sonia stayed a bit so we could work on Christmas cards. We had not sat down to work on any for quite a while!! How embarassing... have not sent my cards and there are only 2 weeks left til Christmas! At this rate, people will get them next year!

Tristan came for a sleep over as his mom was going out for her Christmas party, so all three kids played a lot and expended SO much energy. Naomie is much more energetic than the energizer bunny, honestly. I have no clue where she gets that energy but if she could bottle this, she could sell it and be rich!! Here is the only fel minutes they sat down.



Here is one card I managed to get done yesterday finally! I copied this idea from Dawn's Stamping Thoughts.



I would really love to be able to finish all my cards on Sunday and mail them out! The weather is not very promising (freezing rain) so I may be able to work on them a lot.

I hope you are enjoying the festive season!! Stay healthy and safe :)

No comments: