Sunday, December 12, 2010

Countdown to Christmas - Day 12



Day 12 - how did we get here?



We are halfway through the advent calendar once again! 2 rows completed! I know I repeat myself a lot, but how it has been flying by!



The weather was very iffy today. It started off with beautiful snow, and turned into ice pellets and then to rain. Bleh. I liked the snow part!! Now it is slush! I had a pot luck to attend way at the south of Ottawa but I cancelled. I just don't like wandering off in unsafe weather patterns so much, especially with the crazy drivers out here.



Maelie and I stayed home. Sonia's family came over for a while since we are both WAY behind on our Christmas cards. I think we made progress! I can actually start mailing some as soon as I pick up Maelie's printed pictures at Walmart. I still have quite a few to go so I will definitely work on that in the next couple of days. I also worked on this giant chocolate sleigh. We will be using this - all filled and wrapped up - as a raffle item to raise funds for the social committee at work. Just the sleigh weighs 3 pounds!! Wait til it is filled with chocolate!! Speaking of, I am also way behind on my chocolate making and cookie baking!



Maelie was excited this evening to spend a bit of time together on the couch watching Home Alone 2. It's funny how most children love the part when the bad guys get all the painful pranks! OUCH! I usually sit there in pain even if I know it's tv!!



I always need te remind myself to slow down and just enjoy being with my little one ! This season is so magical and exciting!

No comments: