Day 9 started off "bright" and early! I say bright... but really, it was still dark! Maelie was up before 6 am, still tired of course!!
I think Peluche finds he doesn't sleep enough when he is visiting... we get up and he crashes on the couch immediately!
Jacinthe, Amelie and Myriam came over today for our annual chocolate making day. We've been doing this for years now! She brought the candy wreaths that her dad made to add a little bit of chocolate around it. Isn't this amazing? He ties each candy individually! These are the bigger sized ones...
He also made some with mini candies this year! I find them amazing!
Before getting to work, the kids had some gingerbread men snacks, leftover from the day before!
Interesting look! :)
Looks tasty!!
After we got them energized on sugar, we made them work! They painted moulds, then took a break, came back for more, took another break... :) All in all we worked for about 6 hours! I forgot to take a picture of the final products! Maelie also made a box to give our neighbors as a gift as they are moving in a bit under 2 weeks!
We had a great time together! I have to go buy a new 50 lb case of chocolate as with all this chocolate making, we did go through the 50 lb case bought in October!! and there are still many chocolates to make... :)
Our evening was quiet. We had an easy supper and then just relaxed. Gotta get ready for another week of work! If only the liquid behind my ear drum could dry and and let me hear again! Life would be so much easier :)








No comments:
Post a Comment