Thursday, December 6, 2012

Countdown to Christmas 2012 - Day 6

Even if we go to bed somewhat at a decent hour, Maelie is still finding it hard to get up! Usually in December, I have a hard time keeping her in bed! Maybe she is getting more and more like a teenager who wants to sleep in til 11! Or maybe she is just quite tired these days. A little Christmas vacation will be in order soon!

Nonetheless, she was extremely happy to open up her advent calendar and find some earrings today!


Our evening was rather quiet. I forced myself to get a bit of cleaning done. It was also an evening of lessons for Maelie. The questions asked was "What are you doing to help out around the house?" I think she realized that she had it quite easy when she couldn't actually think of a response. She was put to work, cleaning up her areas in the house, and emptying her lunch bag. I think I will ask this question every day. I often forget to push her to help out instead of playing or watching tv. It's important that anyone who lives in a family home remembers to help out without being asked. I am hoping this lesson will stick.

I finished puttings the stamps on the cards so that we can mail them out while Maelie did her homework.


We also have a visitor for the weekend. Sonia is out of town, so Peluche came by! It's not often that I can get a pic of him facing the camera!


Maelie had cards in the mail today and this is how she reacted when she found money in one of them! LOL You would think she won the lottery!!


The Christmas cards are starting to roll in! I love putting them up and looking at them. It's so cheerful! So many people in our lives that we care about!

No comments: