Saturday, December 8, 2012

Countdown to Christmas 2012 - Day 8

What a full day today! It was a day filled with friendship :) Maelie was up earlier than she is usually up at on weekdays.... of course. She was quite excited as we were having a gingerbread party today with some of her friends.


The morning prep involved lots and lots of sweets!!


And a gingerbread pizza that Maelie decorated. I used a dough recipe from Looney Spoons. It's a partly whole wheat dough and Maelie adores it! It's from the Luciano's Panzerotti recipe. I just don't always make it as a panzerotti. I used it as a normal open pizza.


Here it is cooked! yum yum!


The kids didn't seem to love the dough as much as Maelie. They kinda picked at the toppings and that was it.


Maybe they were too excited to get to this part! The decorating part! Each guest had an icing piping bag. Some of them needed a refill 5 times since they used a ton of icing! I have never made so much royal icing in my life! The recipe I used was the one on the Wilton website. It worked really well and dried hard!


Maelie put a bit of icing on her house, then a bit of icing in her mouth... LOL


They worked hard for over an hour!!


I enjoyed seeing all their original creations!


Beautiful!


Nice and fluffy!


Yum yum!


Creative :)


Awesome! Love the pattern on the roof!


It was a really enjoyable time :) We had Christmas music in the background as well, and there were nice big snowflakes outside! The snow lasted for the time of the party and then it went back to rain!


Once we were done with the houses, the girls went and did their nails in the living room while I tidied up the kitchen. Once clean, I set out ornaments, and glitter and bling... the girls made three ornaments each.


I had never tried the Beacon Glitter it glue... but WOW! Did it ever work well!


It was a lot of fun and we had a ton of gorgeous creations!


Ta-Da!!


Here is an up close view of this one.... isn't it nice?


Once half the group was gone, Maelie, Naomie and Tilly made a Christmas play for Tilly's mom and I. It was so cute! They did a lot of improvising of course... and tons of giggling. I love how they get along so well! Maelie was dressed up as Santa with a pillow in her tummy.


After the party we cleaned up and relaxed a bit. We had a simple take out supper and I had a nice warm bath. It was a lovely day, and I know I am going to miss this when Maelie is all grown up. Who knows, maybe this gingerbread party will become an annual thing.... until Maelie decides she is too old for it!! :) Milk it while you can! :)

No comments: