Saturday, December 15, 2012

Countdown to Christmas 2012 - Day 15

Our trees are looking pretty scarce now! We only have 9 left! Poor sleepy baby still needs to do her advent calendar even if she is half asleep.


Today, Maelie's friend Myriam was doing a synchronized swimming show, her very first one! She was hoping we could go watch but we pretended we couldn't... and then surprised her by showing up. Thankfully she saw us before going in the water! Her smile was priceless.


Here is her team with their legs up. It doesn't look easy at all! Just staying afloat is probably quite hard for a lot of them at the beginning! It also turned out one of Maelie's classmates was performing as well. She is in the intermediate group, so she even had a solo part. It was a really nice show! We left right before the end because it was getting quite hard to breathe in there. Maelie dislikes humid-chlorinated-hot areas! I was surprised she made it that long!


On our way home, I had told Maelie we had a surprise activity. We stopped at the pet store and got some new fish. We ended up with a couple free babies as well. Since our babies had all been gobbled up, I bought a little nursery net to keep the smallest one until he is big enough to join the others.


Maelie was extremely happy and she of course named them all. I can barely keep track! You can see the small ones with the big yellow tail and the big black tail (left of the picture). They are really really gorgeous! So far everyone seems to get along with no bullying. I guess maybe once they are all settled, they may pick on each other but for now all is peaceful.


After that excitement, Sonia came over and we finished up some cards we were working on. I am done my Christmas ones but was working on a gift box  that we will be giving Maelie's teacher. So much fun stuff to do, so little time!!

Our evening was very quiet, we relaxed and had a sub for supper.

No comments: