You can see her little tired eyes in this picture! We do go to bed early, but still, it always catches up to her.
We had a normal work/school day. Maelie came home really sore. Apparently she was sitting on her crutches in the bus (WHY?? don't know!) and the driver went over a bump... her butt landed on the top of the crutch and then she had trouble walking without it hurting! Poor baby... hopefully tomorrow it will be all better.
This evening was rather quiet. I took the dog for a walk in the RAIN. Why is there rain in December? I need snow!!
Saturday, Maelie is having a gingerbread party with 5 of her friends. So to make sure that everything went smoothly, I built the houses ahead of time. This way they will be dry and sturdy for the party and the walls will not crumble!
I used a simple icing recipe: 4 cups icing sugar, 3 TBSP meringue powder and 6 TBSP water. I had to beat it for 7-10 minutes. It turned out great! A few hours later, the icing was really hard, just like we need it to be!
I also have a ton of candy for them to use to decorate! I can't wait to see how awesome it will look! Maybe this can turn into an annual event :)




No comments:
Post a Comment