Our 2nd day of December started off with the advent calendar. I have to say once again that this is the only month that I have NO trouble waking Maelie up in the morning!! I think I may need an advent calendar for the whole school year! Here she is selecting tree #2.
Looking all sleepy while she opens up her bobble head Santa!
Maelie decided she wanted to make pancakes for us this morning. She found an old-fashioned pancake recipe online and she aces that recipe! The pancakes end up really thick and fluffy! She made them all by herself.
Here is the result of her hard work!
Grand-maman left early on and so I started baking some more. Just for Bill, here are some freshly made minced meat tarts!
Naomie and Maelie went shopping for a few hours at the mall with Patrick while Sonia and I baked some more cookies. They went shopping for Christmas presents. Poor Maelie though, her foot ended up sore in the evening. We just never know when too much is too much!
We decided to try making some whoopie pies! Why is it that the outcome is never like the one in the magazines? Apparently they are pretty tasty though!
We also made a batch of peppermint sugar cookies.
My regular ones... Andes mint chocolate chip cookies.
These little chocolate ones were so festive and cute with the kisses on top.
We've been through so much butter in the last few days it's insane!! We will freeze all our cookies and hand them out at Christmas :)
Actually I forgot to post the pics of the batches we make on Friday. Here are some maple logs.
and some shortbread!
I still would like to get some more cookies made before Christmas, and of course chocolates!












No comments:
Post a Comment