Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Countdown to Christmas - Day 23



Maelie got a lion today in her advent calendar! It completes the little family. Only one more advent animal to go!!



Maelie opened up one of her activity presents. It was a dot to dot coloring book. We didn't even sit down to work on it! She is very excited she can hardly sit still. She stated "Mom!! it's the eve of Christmas Eve!!"



Maelie has already left a cookie out for Santa and a carrot for the reindeer. She is giving him an added bonus: a chocolate in the shape of Santa's head! Santa better be hungry tomorrow night!



I purchased a few more tins today as I am running out! I love filling up cute tins and giving them away! I currently have so many baked goods in my freezer that there is no room for anything else!



What is the answer to that problem? BAKE SOME MORE!! I HAD to bake... no choice. I bought some Andes chocolates so I wasn't NOT going to make my mint chocolate chip cookies!



Also for the lover of non-traditional cookies, these are lemon ones rolled into little sprinkles. I simply need to ice them once they cool down. The icing also has a taste of lemon.



If it were up to me, I would keep on baking for weeks before Christmas! But Christmas has snuck up on us and is just 2 days away!!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!!

1 comment:

Kath said...

Maelie's card is SO cute ! i really, really love the reindeer !

i can't believe you're still baking ! i haven't baked a SINGLE.THING this year, except make my Christmas bark, which doesn't require baking ;)

If Santa doesn't eat that chocolate Santa head, send it on over, i know a couple of elves who'll have it instead ! ;)

Merry Christmas Jen ! xx