This morning started off with the routine of the advent calendar.
Maelie also has a chain made at daycare where you have to rip off one link each day. Once you get to the bell at the top, it's Christmas day!

I made her some French toast for breakfast. When I brought it to her, she told me she didn't like French toast anymore. I went to the kitchen to get my plate, and when I came back, she had a new love for French toast! That, or she was just very hungry.

Before Maelie left for school, she left a note in our Christmas mailbox. The note guided me to find an envelope.
Maelie gave me $1.75 from her piggy bank. It was just enough to get myself a delicious coffee at Tim's! Thank you Maelie!
As I had a day off today, I went shopping with Natalie and cute little Myran, and came back with Maelie's Christmas dress for this year! I left a note in the mailbox directing her to the closet for a surprise when she got home from school. She tried it on and it was a perfect fit! Just on time for Santa breakfast tomorrow!

Immediately after posing, she returned to her normal clothes and opened an activity present. (We have a bunch under the tree for us to do together as we patiently wait for Christmas!) The activity today was "design your own mugs". We sat together by the tree and each decorated a mug.

Maelie said she would lend her mug to Santa on Christmas Eve.
I hope each person who is reading my blog is taking the time to enjoy their families this week!!
1 comment:
Ooh design your own mug ! That's an awesome idea ! Too late, i could have used it for our own advent activity calendar ... Let's hope i remember in a few years instead :)
By the way, i LOVE your mug. It's so rare i see your handwriting in this digital age, & it reminded me SO much of ... well, YOU ! Hard to explain, but i love it :)
Post a Comment