Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Countdown to Christmas - Day 2



This morning started off with the opening of the advent calendar surprise. It was 2 caramels. Maelie asked "Mom, no offense, but next time you make this calendar, may you please not put any candy in it?" As some of you may know, Maelie is not too fond of candy.



For breakfast, I made Maelie a hot cold chocolate. That is Maelie's way of saying she wants marshmallows, but she wants the drink to be cold enough to sip. She didn't drink the cocoa anyway! but she did have the marshmallows!



This evening, she was allowed to open one activity present. The activity presents are under the tree and are just a little tiny activity we can do together. Of course she chose the activity that was the most time consuming! the 500 piece puzzle!



This gave us a chance to just hang out. Usually, I am multi tasking all evening... but when you are making a puzzle, you have to focus on just THAT! So we spent a nice evening relaxing together. We managed to get quite a bit done! We'll continue tomorrow...



Maelie has now decided we need to make jello before bed. I guess I am happy to oblige...

No comments: