Monday, December 14, 2009

Countdown to Christmas - Day 14



Our day started off pretty uneventful... getting ready for work and school. Maelie opened up her advent calendar .



She noticed there were two new presents under the tree from mom and dad. She was excited! She insisted I put them on the side of the tree closer to her so that she could see them while sitting on the couch.



I served her a little Christmas tree toast with just a few sprinkles on them.



And then.... that's when everything went downhill! Maelie had stomach pains (in the intestine area). She screamed and hollered and yelled that it hurt. She really looked like she was in another world. She had been having stomach pains for the last 4 weeks approximately... and so this was the end of the rope, it was the MOST intense i'd seen. We needed to find out what was wrong (it doesn't follow a pattern of eating... sometimes it's before eating, sometimes after, always out of the blue). So we missed school and work and headed off to CHEO (Children's hospital in Ottawa). We were seen relatively quickly, especially cpmpared to the Gatineau side. The doctor ruled out many things and now she suspect some kind of constipation issues as she could hear a lot of action in her intestine area. We got a gentle laxative and headed home.

Back home however, I was still suffering from ear pain and my ear had returned to 100% plugged status! So off to the clinic we went. I went to a different Appletree clinic and saw an AWESOME lady doctor. She was thorough and sympathetic, and she didn't rush us in our out. She took a look inside my ear and decided to flush it gently as she couldn't even see the eardrum. I will spare the details but a horse came out of my ear LOL. The second that horse came out, i could HEAR!! I have never been that ecstatic!!! That ear infection had sucked everything out of me!! (and it all landed in my ear) So we very very cheerfully went home. Maelie passed out in the car as it took a while due to it being traffic hour. My ear was not 100% unplugged, but i can HEAR! and that's what counts. I am continuing antibiotics and the doc also added ear drops.

So that was all the eventful parts of the day!!

Bill picked up some new white board markers for Maelie and she LOVES her little white board but her pen ran out. Now she has 4 colors and she is ecstatic. She just loves to write. Today she drew a picture of us as a family. I thought it was so sweet!



We decided to take it easy this evening after everything we'd been through today! Look at the programming available tonight!!



As much as I wanted to watch the Christmas shows, Maelie wanted to watch Shrek 2. We own it on DVD, but I guess it wasn't the same. You know, you get all those bonus commercials every three minutes! She entertained herself during the commercials by drawing on her white board again. We managed to watch about 30 minutes of Shrek and then headed for bed.



We received more Christmas cards today. One of my favorite thing in the world is this Christmas card holder that Kathleen made me a few years ago. I cherish it with all my heart!! It's a great way to see all the wonderful Christmas wishes we receive through the mail.



I couldn't help it, i needed to put up a pic of Maelie's profile! So sweet... she was watching Shrek in this picture.



In bed, I was telling Maelie how even if we had a rough day and spent it waiting and waiting and waiting... being together for all that quiet time was wonderful. We spent literally every waking hour close together. It made all the waiting seem so tolerable being with my little love!

3 comments:

Kath said...

That picture of Bill is pretty accurate :)

As i mentionned in my email, i'm glad things are looking up for my two sick friends ... & hope things can get back to normal, soon !

i'm so glad you still love that card holder ! & have room to use it ! :)

miss you !

Anonymous said...

I definitely would have watched Melrose Place if I had the choice! :)

Jo said...

I love he family pic, She drew her daddy to a tee! LOL.... I like your new hairdo on the pic as well! Very flippy!