Maelie's advent calendar was the first thing on her mind when she got up , as usual. This morning it was the sibling of Thursday's little white tiger. Tomorrow will be the mama! Can you believe that we have completed 2 rows on our advent calendar? I can't! We are half way there!!
This morning was Maelie's bowling. She wouldn't miss it for the world! Ironically enough, I sat right beside the loudest parent there. I suggest when you have a bad ear infection, sit close to people who do not talk or yell during the games!
After bowling, I was heading off to Natalie's house for her annual girl's Christmas party. It was my first year there! Here is a little hostess gift I brought. There are maple cookies, cherry cookies, butterscotch brownie cookies, spritz, and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I also brought the butterscotch gingerbread snowflake cookies for the cookie exchange part. Maelie taste tested a few, but she forgot to ask what kind they were. She took a big bite of the cherry ones and almost spit them out! If she had asked me ahead of time, I would have warned her that there were cherries in them! (she doesn't like cherries).
I brought an appetizer along. I found it on the Pillsbury website. It is made with the crescents. Instead of breaking up the pieces into triangle, you slice them instead, and then form two rows or circles. It was really tasty!
Natalie had made some wonderful place cards out of the pop up tree die from Stampin' Up. They turned out SO cute!! I would love to have the patience to make so many! The picture seriously doesn't do it justice. The are glittery all around and look AMAZING.
Everyone at the party had to bring 2 dozen cookies. So in the end, we ended up with 2 of everyone elses cookies. Here they are all together! Yum... yum....
While I was out, Maelie played with Tristan. Bill told me that they were sliding in the pathway to Tristan's house. There are about 35 steps in that pathway and noone plows it. It's fenced it and there are no cars... so it is safe for the kids to slide! Not sure the city would agree with that... but if it makes them have fun outside... that's what counts!!
1 comment:
Where do you find the time? lol. You must stay up really late. Just wanted to let your readers know that everything tastes better than it looks, if that's possible.
Post a Comment