Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another mini vacation

Maelie and I left on Friday to visit my family. The 4 hour drive went well. I had printed off some car games for Maelie from Mom's Minivan.

I printed off the car bingo and Maelie really had fun with that game. Going through Montreal during tourist season AND a weekday, she found ALL the trucks on the Bingo card in about 5 minutes. I find the trick to travelling with kids is to just keep them busy. I have a great traveller... but it IS a lot of work. I get comments sometimes at the amount of stuff we travel with. But you know, a whole backseat is fine with me if I get a drive that is not stressful. We also had the tic tac toe sheet which was great to play with Gram.

We visited my dad & both my grandma's. Maelie had a wonderful time with everyone!

At my mom's, Maelie got to feed the racoon mama!



We also visited a farm close by. They just built a new chicken coop called the "Coco Bar".

They had goats and horses, chickens and a dog. But the most fascinating for Maelie was the toad!

She brought the toad along with us in the car back to Grand-maman's house and let him go there. (Yes... for all of you freaking out because of how dirty toads are, she DID wash her hands right after)



This is the view of my mom's place from the top of the hill across the river.



Maelie brought back a wonderful souvenir from our weekend away.



Mosquito bites!!

2 comments:

Edward said...

Wow those are some terribel mosiqto bites! Yick that looks painful. Poor girl. Do you all have extra big and vicious mosqitos? E have them here too of course but poor Maelie.....I hope she feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

i swear that the toad is GRINNING :)