This may come as a surprise to you... but I have a *fall* feeling developing inside (yes it is only July 16th). It seems to happen to me every summer when I start seeing signs in store windows stating that they are having an "end of season clearance", I see tv commercials saying the same, and I see all the outdoor plants at the big stores at half price for clearance. I get this good feeling inside because fall is approaching. I love fall, I love the beginning of a new school year, I love Halloween and the preparations for Christmas that start early, I love wearing a jacket, I love needing socks....
I am surprised by these feelings every year. I wonder why the heck I would want the cool weather to come. I then realize that it is not so much the cold weather I want... but it is the feeling of looking forward to the change in season. I will probably be having similar feelings when the spring stuff starts to come out next winter!
Does anyone in the world understand me or feel this too?
1 comment:
oh jenn...do i get or what!!! I am trying so hard to overcome those feelings...but for me it just seems it is going so fast and that it is all so short and how do i hold on to it just abit longer...but yes i love the prep of the fall...but i should really put my energy into the now...it just seems so rushed...the media, the stores, the everything...why is it all so rushed. i see all the bathing suits on clearance yet we have only been to the beach twice...i see school supplies..yet july is not over...it is like whoever is giving the okay to do this...needs to slow down for the mamas like us!
Post a Comment