Monday, July 28, 2008

I left my heart in San Francisco

well maybe not San Francisco, but in St-Mathieu that's for sure!

This morning, at wee-oh-early-o'clock, I abandoned my child! Yes, dear folks, for the first time in the history of Maelie, I left her at grand-maman's house. to sleep. without me. for two nights. OH.MY.GAWD.

Yesterday she was still unsure about this whole plan. She gets a bit nervous at night and so she likes being with her mama. She had tears and she tried to get me to take more time off work to stay with her. She begged, she then laid the guilt trip on me (you love your boss more than me), and then she fell asleep. I got up at 4 am by myself, left my heart there in bed beside Maelie, and headed off for Ottawa where I would spend hours over the next 2 days wishing she were here with me. YES i am attached to my daughter! But as a good parent should, I encouraged her to stay at grand-maman's house and hid my broken heart from her.

Counting down to Wednesday....

2 comments:

Edward said...

Aw how sweet! A good parent you are indeed. I am glad to see that you both survived.

Anonymous said...

WOW JEN ! That is AMAZING ! i am really proud of both you & Maelie ! i TOTALLY understand the first time i left Sandrine for 3 whole nights when i went on my trip to Halifax. Your heart breaks, but it's SO MUCH BETTER when you reunite ! i will be counting down with you until Wednesday ! :)