Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Anticipation

I just bought myself a bit of patience! :)

My sister is coming tomorrow with my 2 nephews. Maelie is absolutely, completely, totally excited about this visit and so I figured it would be a looooooong evening hearing about it!

Knowing that Maelie's friends were going to be coming for a sleepover soon, I figured, why not tonight?? So I asked Jacinthe if she would be ok with that and next thing I know, we have two extra kids in the house. This is AWESOME for me as Maelie has a distraction and she is having fun.

Currently, they are upstairs going through Maelie's wardrobe getting costumes on. Yes, some of Maelie's actual clothing would be considered costumes for other kids. hahaha Maelie has a very.... um... interesting colorful way of dressing.



I can hear the *popular* music in her room, and the friendly playful voices of kids sharing ideas and thoughts. It's wonderful and I cherish the fact that she has such friendships with people who live so close (across the street). This is what childhood is all about. Making memories with your friends! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thinking about the distraction ! Funny, when i look at my old photographs of myself with my friends, i often wonder what we were doing ! This last picture is a bit of the same, Maelie will surely wonder what was going on :)

Have fun with your sister & your nephews :)