Monday, July 7, 2008

Goodbye to another weekend!


I know this may sound cliché... but my how time goes by fast!!

Sunday, we went to a birthday party for one of Maelie's school friends. They both get along very very well and he is the sweetest little boy ever!



They swam , played games, ate pizza and cake and had a generally awesome time! The weather was PERFECT for the occasion!



Here are Maelie and Gabrielle applying more sunscreen !



It was funny because as much as I like taking pictures of Maelie, she is not too fond of that idea anymore. Whereas her friends are usually after me saying "take a picture of me! take a picture of me!" and get excited about it. aahahah I guess perhaps theirs parents aren't always in their face with a camera! That probably helps!

After the party, we came home and swam for a bit again. Then we joined my friend Jacinthe and her 3 kids (we have 3 friends called Jacinthe. One across the street with 2 kids, one 6 minutes away with 3 kids, and one college friend with no kids - in case you get mixed up with the Jacinthe's I mention!) and other friends with their 2 kids for water games at the park, and a pic nic for supper. For some reason, I was exhausted and didn't take my camera out much!! I did get one picture of Maelie learning how to throw a frisbee though!



The kids made mud soup and magic potions with dans and water, and a bit of added grass. After a while, Maelie started getting a little impatient, and I took that as a cue that it was time to go home. Poor little girl couldn't help but fall asleep in the car on the way home! Hopefully she will sleep in today. Unlike her mama who is always up before the crack of dawm these days (3:45 am today!)

I wish it could be the weekend all summer....

No comments: