Friday, May 30, 2008

Being a Mama through it all

I've noticed that in the past few posts, I wrote about Maelie's comments to me... and I made it sound pretty sad. Of course, it's touching but it was also in a joking way. I have to share my thoughts about it all.

I am proud that Maelie is able to tell me what she thinks and feels so purely and innocently. She doesn't want to hurt me when she says those comments. She tries to say it kindly, but then she also shows me that she is secure enough in her relationship with me to say comments like she does. She knows I will love her no matter what.

I am also proud that she is independent and confident. She loves being a softie at home. But in public, she enjoys showing her independence. She is a strong girl. She communicates her needs very well. Don't we all want our kids to grow up and be able to handle life and its challenges? I certainly don't want her to hurt, but I also let her know that I will always be there for her.

So for those who think that she has already packed her bags and is ready to move out... I will let you in on a secret. She isn't leaving this house fo goof until she is 40 years old!!

1 comment:

Edward said...

WEll I personally think that you are doing a wonderful job of raising a smart, resourceful, confident young woman. She is gonna be fine and yes this is part of the process. I never once thought you were complaining, feeling sad or sorry for yourself....just sharing your daughters progress and your interactions with her. Thank you because it helps me to know that my little girl is behaving like other little girls her age.