remember my post about Maelie not wanting to sit with me on the bus?
Well this is our discussion today:
"Maelie, my boss said it was ok for me to take a day off to go to your Track and Field day at school next week!"
"oh. but don't hang around with me. I want to be with my friends"
"oh, ok"
"you know mom, it's really really ok if you don't want to come. uh...you can come if you want. But it's ok with me if you don't"
um.... am i understanding this right? my daughter wants nothing to do with me anymore?
*snif* *snif*
time for me to get a new job.
2 comments:
Oh my GAWD this is getting harder & harder to read ! Jen ! i am SO not looking forward to this period in my daughter's life ! This is so CRUSHING. What are you gonna dooooooooo :)
ww thats jus sad. I am sure it is a short lived stage. This should not be happening for a few more years right...like closer to a teen? Maybe she is just esting out her independence and power.
Now Jenn you know your daughter loves you right? I can so see how your feelings would be hurt. Try not to let it get too you...she will soon be snuggling into you and wanting just when you don't expect it.
Hey I don't know if you know but our kids only love me until their about 2 and then all they want after that is Rick so I feel you lol! I am the 2nd class parent...the ones they want in a pinch when daddy isnt available.
Post a Comment