Maelie came home from school on Thursday with part of the Mother's Day present she made at school. She kept reminding me not to look in her bag. When we got home, she ran upstairs. When I went upstairs a bit later, I walk into the washroom which now had an array of colorful towels all over the floor. I asked Maelie why my the towels were spread out there. She stated that she had to move them from the linen closet.
"Mom, I hid your present in the closet so don't look there."
"Don't worry sweetheart, I won't look. You can trust me."
"well, ok, i'll trust you. but just this once. never again."
how nice to know I will never be trusted again!
_______________________
Friday, Maelie brought home 2 cards and a present from daycare. She gave me the cards and said I could ONLY see the cards. So I looked at them and of course, loved them dearly. When we got home, it wasn't even 5 minutes before she brought me both my presents (from daycare and class) and she said "there mom, you may as well open them now! I mean, you SAW the cards already! So now you have to open the presents."
LOL I love how she is so overwhelmed with excitement that she can't contain herself! I know the feeling too well... to this day, I am still like that. The joy of giving brings incredible feelings!
1 comment:
Haaha ha...she'll never trust you again after this lol! That is too cute and so funny!
Post a Comment