Saturday, May 10, 2008

cards & flowers



These are the cards I received from Maelie. The yellow one has a poem inside:

"Dear Mom,
I will love you forever
and forever you will be
The most wonderful mother.
You mean everything to me.

I thought of buying you flowers
in the usual way
But I knew you would prefer
A FOREVER bouquet!"

This is the forever bouquet:



In daycare the worked for quite a while on a secret project. They painted the pots, and planted the flowers. They put a handprint on the card. I sure hope I manage to keep the flowers alive!



Although I don't actually like the commercial aspect of Mother's Day, do you want to know what I love the best about it? It's the reason I have to celebrate it. I am a Mom. Nothing beats being a Mom. and I will forever be grateful for this.

Bless all the women out there who would have always wanted to be a mom, but never had the chance.

3 comments:

Tony said...

gran post

Edward said...

Very Sweet! Happy MOther's Day Jenn....Maelie is a great girl and you are both so lucky to have each other!

Anonymous said...

The homemade stuff is always the best!