Monday, May 26, 2008

fixing a fib

I was in the tub earlier this evening. A long awaited bath to relax! Bill was away for 4 days so I didn't get and time to relax all weekend.

I heard a big knock at the door. Bill told Maelie to answer it. A guy asked if her parents were home. So Bill got up and went to the door. Lucky for him he spoke english.

It went something like this:
"hi! how are you today! I don't know if you heard of this place in Hull, yadda yadda, 50% off for 6 people yadda yadda.... " and much more yadda yadda. "So you want to buy it?" (tickets for savings at a restaurant)

Bill's response "well I will have to discuss this with my wife, she is not home right now"

My eyes got big and I was just hoping Maelie wouldn't comment on THAT.

The man gave his contact info on a card and left. First thing after the door shut "Dad, why did you say mom wasn't there? She's upstairs in the tub"

I couldn't help but laugh by myself up there! Now I need to explain to Maelie how that little fib... just because Bill is uncomfortable saying no to marketers, is still a fib and is not right. We need to be honest.

Another life lesson.

No comments: