Monday, May 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



I'm pretty late with my Menu Plan. Actually, I almost just didn't do it!
I have this dire need to bake something but ran out of time and energy this weekend! I will therefore keep my menu simple, but will compensate with a bit of baking. At some point.

I realized today as I was thinking of menus that most of my favorite things are not the favorites of the other people in this household. I for one would eat rice every day and not get sick of it. Bill pours ketchup all over it, and Maelie says "rice again?" if I make it more than once a week! :)

Monday: Chicken breasts (oven baked with only salt and pepper)with broccoli, potato balls (recipe below) and watermelon

Tuesday: Ground chicken with pasta & mushroom sauce & salad

Wednesday: Sandwich tortillas and salad & veggies (hoping for pic-nic if warm)

Thursday: breakfast for supper (eggs & toast)

Friday: To be determined... will go through links at Org Junkie and select something from one of the other Menu Plans

___________
Potato Balls

This is a recipe I made up for Maelie when she was 2 and she LOVES it. You can technically hide any veggies in there.

- boil potatoes and mash them
- pan fry an onion and mushrooms cut in tiny pieces
- Steam broccoli
- grate a cup of cheddar cheese

Once all of these are ready, mash them up all together. The cheese, broccoli, onion and mushrooms make the whole mixture taste great.
Once all mashed together, roll into small balls.
Ok, so I don't roll the mixture into balls for the grown ups. They eat it like mashed potatoes. But for kids, it is like finger food.

No comments: