Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summer vacation - Day 54

Yesterday, Maelie had a CHEO follow up appointment for her foot pain. I have issues with doctors some days... they seem to like to push pills, and then they don't even know who you are or care to find out WHY you have what you have. Maelie was diagnosed with CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) and they don't seem to want to even investigate where it could stem from. Other professionals, such as the osteopath, chiropractor, physio and podiatrist all suspect something stemming from her lower back. The doctor just said NO, it is not related at all. However she did agree to send us for x-rays. I haven't heard anything back yet. I am not 100% convinced that is IS CRPS, and even if it was, I am not convinced medicating her and making her liver sick is a good option.

After work today I took Maelie to the osteopath. She stretched out a few areas, and worked on her back.


Progress... progress.. progress.

I can't wait for Maelie to be all better! It will soon be a year since this all started and she is not *normal* yet.... call us eternal optimists but we are still hopeful!!!

No comments: