Yesterday was a very awesome rainy shopping day. I am not one to wander in the malls weeping at the price of things looking for the latest fashion. Obviously, I don't fit in most of those fashions! I guess it makes it easier to shop for clothes when you shop in one store. No mall runs.
We started off our day at Michael's. Now people who don't love crafts don't understand how you can spend over an hour going through every single aisle at Michael's. I finally got some fabric stiffener for a Halloween project I have wanted to do for 2 years now but so far have not done anything about it. I didn't spend much that's for sure! (no gigantic sales yet, thats AFTER Halloween and AFTER Christmas).
Next, since the kids were probably tired of roaming in one store for that long... we went to Starbucks/Chapters. I ordered them a kit hot chocolate. Their eyes were wide when they saw the hot chocolate before them... a pile of whipped cream and a nice topping of chocolate. They savoured their drinks and then we headed to the books. There were a lot of people there , I am used to going on Sundays, so I guess Saturdays are busier.
Once we were done there, we walked over to bulk barn. Aisles and aisles of candy. The kids loved that idea! Each child chose a treat and boy did they deserve it. They were incredibly well behaved and patient all day. Maelie was drop dead exhausted having gotten up much before 6. Jacinthe's kids are such tough cookies! They walk and walk and walk and don't whine. I am truly stunned every time we do something with them.
We did one last stop at Loblaws at it was on the way to the car (big strip mall). We went in the house section & clothes section. There were neat Halloween things. We didn't buy anything but enjoyed seeing so many ideas.
By the time we got out of there, it was 5:30 pm. We had been at that strip mall since 1:30! Who knew you could cover so few stores in that amount of time! It was lots of fun though. I am truly pooped today! But have a gazillion ideas in my head for fall and winter.
Oh Kath posted a question in my comments asking who the chocolate lady was. When I refer to the chocolate lady, I mean the store where I buy most of my chocolates for crafting. I also get ribbons, accessories, moulds, anything to suite my fancy. She also makes her own truffles which are delicious. Maelie is always open to the idea of going there because she usually gets one. She loves the coffee one, but when there aren't any, she likes the caramel maple one. This is where you can find her.
Pics to come soon... I am working on a few projects these days including goody boxes for a 9 year old bday/Halloween themed party, Halloween centrepieces, and donations to the silent auction at work for charity, and donations for the school family party and also their Silent auction in November.
I need a bunch of extra hours in a day.
1 comment:
Mmmmm, looks delicious ! Have you ever rented molds ? i didn't know that existed ! :)
Sounds like you & Jacinthe are always having a good tome together.
Can't wait to see what you cook up for Halloween ! You WILL be posting pictures, won't you ? :)) For work, i think i will do my usual cracked chocolate cookies & pumpkin muffins for Halloween. Nothing chocolate-making for me, i leave that up to the experts like yourself ! :)
Post a Comment