Today marked a pretty sad day. This was taking place right outside of my workplace. The funeral ended shortly before I finished work. By the time I got out, the streets were packed with traffic trying to leave the downtown area. I thought to myself "Man, I'll never get out of here!"
As I walked to my car, more and more cars piled in the few intersections leaving the area. My thoughts then wandered to this RCMP officer's family and friends. As impatient as I usually am in traffic, today was different. Today I thought to myself "At least I get to go home"... whereas this man will never go home to his family again.
My prayers go out to Constable Christopher Worden's family. May he rest in peace.
1 comment:
It always hits home a little more when the people are my age, & have young kids.
What i find a bit upsetting is that CBC has a link to show the funeral live, online.
Am always glad you get home, Jen.
Post a Comment