Today was a nice stay home kinda day for Maelie. Myriam came over in the afternoon to play, and I didn't even take one picture!! Probably because when they were outside or on the main floor, I was out running errands and Bill stayed with them. When I came back they were back in the basement playing "school" together. :) Sadly, Myriam & family are moving away to the Quebec city area in a month and a half. We will miss them a lot.
For supper, I made a salad with our garden lettuce and added some of our chives as well! Maelie chopped some off for us to use.
These little herb scissors are really cute! They have 4 blades and so I can use them to chop my herbs quicker.
I got this book yesterday while at the mall with Maelie. It was pretty cheap and there are a lot of good idea in it! I am looking forward to trying some of the recipes!
Today, my mission was finding some skin colored bras for Maelie. Shopping for colorful bras is easier, but is still a challenge with cup sizes. Now really, if you look at the pic below... does that look like an A-cup? Not really! There is extra padding and really, it could pass for a C cup!
Now why would I want my child wearing something that makes the cups look bigger??? I am so fed up with society sexualizing everything.. we don't NEED to look like we have a big chest to be valuable in society. I feel bad for the young girls and women who are falling for these messages!! Our bodies are NOT what decides if you are worthy/acceptable/good etc...
Sorry - body image and self esteem/self worth are issues that get my blood boiling! :) But that can be another post for another day! Needless to say I am returning the bra today... !!





No comments:
Post a Comment