Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer vacation - Day 6

Maelie decided it was time for a pedicure! She spread out all of her nailpolishes and made us guess how many she had. Well she had way over 80!! Who needs that many?? Bill still refuses to get a pedicure!! Maelie says she will try to sneak in his bedroom at night and paint a few toes...


Well, every day, I like to check out my garden. I haven't had to water it much this summer that's for sure. We have sun and rain and 100% humidity every day!! My garden actually looks like it will have no more room soon!! Who knew I had part of a green thumb! I am still grossed out by the things that like to hang out on my plants... such as slugs and ants and other creatures. I do have to spray them more with soap, water and garlic!!

My tomatoes have lots of flowers on them! To me, all this growth is miraculous! I am constantly amazed at how nature works and how we can grow the things we love! It is giving me even more motivation to encourage local farmers this year and I can't wait to go visit Juniper farm for some organic tasty veggies this year.


I was surprised to see that the little cucumber plant that I thought was surely dying just 3 weeks ago is now flowering! ooooh la la!


The little carrots are making their way out too! Maelie LOVES garden carrots so she is hoping they will be ready soon.


This is a big pile of peas!! A few weeks back, Maelie and I planted little pea and bean seeds, as well as herbs. The peas have literally tangled themselves and are climbing all over! even hanging onto the orange pepper plant!!


Here is a new little pepper. This plant is an orange pepper plant... we can see about 10 of them growing in it! It's amazing!


I forgot to take a picture of Maelie eating the first green bean !! She loves green beans right from the garden. This is why I decided to plant one this year... since her face always lit up when we visited my friend Jacinthe's garden! Maelie loved eating up all of her green beans.... LOL so I figured why not plant some ourselves!! Actually, this weekend, I think we will start more from seed so that we can reap the bounty for longer! I am just not sure where I will put them yet!! Perhaps just a regular planter. I will ask Bill to build it for me!

1 comment:

frankathwork said...

My mouth is watering! So cool! And, good job... :-)