Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fun Day!



Today was Fun Day at school. The parent committee organized it for all the kids. Since I enjoy fun events at school, I took a day off to volunteer.



There were a variety of games ranging from an obstacle course to a dar game to a three-legged race. The highlight was probably the gigantic slide and the jumping structure.




I was with a group including a grade 2 kid, a few grade 3's, 4's, 5 and 6. I must say, I am TRULY blessed to have the daughter that I have. I had a group with a few rather difficult kids. They came around after I told them they could just leave if they didn't want to be there. I told them I chose to be there at the fun day to have just that... FUN so if they were gonna be annoying all day, they were welcome to just go away. That seemed to get a few of them to at least be more pleasant. I don't know how parents do it when they have a disrespectful child! I wouldn't be able to take that.

We ended up having a good day. I am exhausted! I hopped in a hot bath as soon as I got home. I made sure I thanked Maelie for being such a wonderful pleasant child!

No comments: