Saturday, February 9, 2008

New family members


yes I know, I am crazy. But I was unable to resist Maelie's need for a baby bunny. She wanted a pet she could handle... and our chins are much too hyper to be held. They prefer to run around. So we got a rabbit. and we got a guinea pig to keep the rabbit company. So in other words... the guinea pig is the rabbits pet.

They are very lovable. The bunny is very tame. They are both little babies. The guinea pig is very verbal. He whines if the bunny is gone for too long. Instead of keeping them in a small cage, i got some shelving and made a nice small play area in the living room. They seem to enjoy it and they have lots of room to wander around. I will post more pictures when I have a chance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay away from pet stores!

They are quite cute though.....
I like the messy look of the guinea pig.....kinda looks like me on a good day!

Anonymous said...

Any names for these new pets ?
Any room left in your house for visitors, too ? :P

Anonymous said...

well the names are pretty much rabbit and guinea pig. we tend to forget the names of our pets so we keep them simple:
rabbit, guinea pig, chichi boy, chichi girl, chinchin, charlie and mayhem LOL

Anonymous said...

oh and visitors.... ANYTIME!! you are always welcome hint hint

Anonymous said...

Hey we have a guinea pig too! Rhéanne got it for her birthday a couple years ago. They're actually really cuddly (well ours is. Sparkles (Rhéanne named her)is a long haired guinea pig. We have to bring her for haircuts.LOL She'll stay on our lap while we pet her. Usually if she wants to get off it's because she wants to pee. Unfortunately she doesn't always leave before peeing - makes it a warm visit.