Saturday, February 16, 2008

gone with the old holiday, in with the new...

Now that Valentine's is over, it made me laugh to read a comment from Kathleen in one of my last posts. She mentioned how I didn't have my Easter decorations up.

Sadly enough, I must admit, I have ALREADY thought of that. My goal this weekend was to take Valentine's stuff down, and put them away, then bring up my Easter boxes.... mainly because as some of you may have noticed... Easter is in March this year!

The joy of making holiday related things means that you always have to be a step ahead. For example, when you want to buy Christmas craft making magazines, the majority of them will be available way before November. If you try to find some in November, you will really have the leftovers.

So this is my plan.... wash up the Valentine's stuff and put it away for next year, then take the Easter bins out. I like going through my big Rubbermaid container at the beginning of each season because I most of the time don't remember what I had, so it is all new to me! I know that I have about 2 huge containers of Easter stuff, and a few things lying around because there was no room in the containers!
I remember buying a few things last year on clearance after Easter, so those are also the things I am anxious to discover!

We must not forget St-Patrick's Day on March 17th! The weekend before Easter! I have a few items for St-Patrick's day treats as well :)Stay tuned....

No comments: