Sunday, February 17, 2008

Mysteries

you know how there are stories of people who disappear and the police end up finding their bodies buried somewhere in the forest months or years later?

Ok, this is NOT like that... but it was a mystery... that was resolved... and it was not a happy ending.

In the fall 2006, I was sooooo happy I had accomplished the first Christmas present for Kathleen's daughter Sandrine's first Christmas. It was a beautiful hand made personalized bib. There were three cats (which she has) and her name was embroidered below the picture. The other side of the bib was a fabric with mice on it. The colors used were the colors that she had in her room (burgundy/reds).

I was extremely proud of that bib!

Christmas came around... and I could not find it for the life of me. I knew it was somewhere waiting for me to attach a velcro for the opening. I searched high and low alllll over the house for months. To no avail. So she got a non personalized Christmas present instead.

Months and months passed, but I still had it in the back of my mind. I wondered if I had accidentally thrown it out in one of my cleaning sprees. Then one day.... as I was clearing the bottom shelves in the my cube storage in the basement... there was a red basket with a small rug in it. I picked up the rug to throw it out... and low and behold THERE it was!!! under the rug, nicely folded!! I picked the bib up and was mortified.... it had black stains on it! Mould? ewwwwwwwwwwww. I think the rug sucked in humidity. The bib had been there for over a year! I washed it with EVERY single stain remover imaginable, and I also used bleach for colors... It got lighter but it was ruined....

So mystery solved, but outcome not positive.

Before I throw it out, here it is, with stains and all....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww it would have been the cutest present ever ! But these things happen, & i'm just glad you finally found it. All that thought & effort that you put into it is gift enough :)