Saturday, July 14, 2007

welcome Maelie the picture taker

Maelie decided a few weeks back that she wanted to take pictures. My dad, mom , grandma all gave Maelie their change in hopes that she would have enough to buy one! SO we rolled up all the dough, and then had the yard sale as well. I am proud to report that Maelie is now the proud owner of an HP digital camera all bought with her own money (given to her, but still her own)

She takes very useful pictures everywhere she goes. Self-portraits, daddy sleeping, mommy in her jammies, the neighbors feet, the neighbors tablecloth, the television during different scenes, the staircase, the picture frames, you get the idea...

Here is on of her pics taken today:



This first pic is Chichi, our newest addition. His hair is a bit knotted on the top, we are working at making it soft like Chinchins. He is a very quiet chin. Extremely laid back, gets out of his cage just for a small jog around the playroom, then right back into his cage. He and Mayhem still don't care for each other much, but ChiChi does tolerate having Chinchin visit for a bit. He smells her. I wonder if he is thinking how she smells so good! :) hehehehe



As you may see in this picture... I sense trouble. Electrical outlet + Chin don't mix. Good thing Maelie caught this evidence on camera! I will place that shelf somewhere else. Chins have this way of making you see your whole house a completely different way!

I am glad to say that Mayhem and Chichi now have their new cages. They are three stories high and so they have lots of room to run when I don't have time to let them out. I could actually almost see a smile on their face earlier today!! They were kinda stuck in smaller rabbit cages when we got them. I found a great deal on bigger ones which I couldnt pass up! Having known there was such a good deal out there, I would have got one for Chinchin when we got her initially. Now she looks like she has a dinky cage! I think I am out to save the chinchilla world. LOL. Someone is needing to get rid of their little girl chin and i am SO tempted to adopt her. I feel bad knowing there are animals out there suffering....
I will post a pic of our new basement tomorrow. You will see how I am getting obsessed with my chins. :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I cant believe you have 3 pets...you are so brave!!!!! I love Maelies pictures...the world from their perspective!!!!