Ok, so my 2 readers asked for an update on the yard sale.
I had somewhat given a brief update in the 3rd post below.
The sale went VERY well. we got rid of most of our stuff, mainly bulky stuff. you couldn't BELIEVE what my basement looks like now! BARE! yes... uncluttered. amazing.
Maelie took her role very seriously with customers and she loved it. I have all kinds of stories about people who just are ridiculous bargainers. I was barely asking 25$ for a kitchen table with 4 chairs. I think it had a small scratch and marker stain on top. But 25$ was cheap. One man inspects it and asks if i will take 15$ for the whole set. I said nope. He says "well you know, i'd have to refinish it all, and do this and that and this and that". I just looked at him and said i wasn,t going lower. like what the?? i don't care if he has to redo it all. We were just an hour in the sale, i could surely find someone else who wanted it! and i did... :) I don't mind a BIT of bargaining, but my stuff was cheap cheap cheap! for good quality stuff too! i let go of so many things i would never have been able to part with before. I feel really good about it though. it makes me realize i have WAY too many things and hold on to too many of them!
I still have just a few things left, plus other things i never managed to even take out as it was so busy! a friend may be doing a yard sale at the end of summer so i may just join her for my leftovers!
2 comments:
So just HOW much $ did you make in the end ? i never ever had a garage sale ... Oh, & good for you for not letting the table go under your asking price. Niiiice.
oh, we made i THINK about 260$
Post a Comment