Tuesday, July 10, 2007

3 days to get over it!

Well what a weekend. In case some of you were sitting by yoru computer refreshing the screen every 3 minutes waiting for the announcement that YES the sky DID clear up for the gyard sale, I apologize I am a few days late.

Miraculously, the sky cleared on Saturday at about 5:30 AM. I still cannot believe it. It cleared, in fact it was excessively sunny for a few hours. I was able to sell a TON of stuff until 1:00 pm. Then is started raining again, but I only had to drag in a few boxes, which was wonderful! I didn't take pictures of Maelie and her muffin, apple and iced tea table. It was adorable. Any 55+ year old person that came by bought something from her or donated a few pennies. She uses her charm pretty good!

After the sale however, I was half dead. My muscles ached and they are JUST getting better today. But it was all worth it. Oyr play room is now empty. very very empty. and I get this awesome feeling when I go down there and see it so empty, it just cries out to me : "You don't have to clean this room!" and that is quite a feeling.

Our neighbors also were having their sale. In fact, I think 7 families on the street joined us. There has never been so much traffic on our street. EVER.

Maelie has also developed a crush on our neighbor across the street. They have 2 kids. Raphael is 4 and Koryn is 7. Maelie enjoys playing with them, but she gets the MOST excited when their dad, Marc-André, is there. She insists on us getting her roller blades so she can go roller blading ALONE with Marc-André. LOL When she sees him outside, she runs to the side of the road and jumps up and down and chats him up. If we are somewhere, for example we were at Costco on Sunday, and she saw a book about the Senators. She said " mom, we should get this for Marc-André. He would be so happy!"

ah.... childhood crushes are so adorable.

pics to come soon....

No comments: