Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Countdown to Christmas - Day 24

Christmas Eve is finally here!!! Maelie was happy to get up this morning that's for sure! I got her up early because she came to my workplace :) This is the age where you have to enjoy it because they may not want to come in future years!


It was a quiet day workwise... a lot of staff was already on holidays. I did manage to get some work done though!

One group had organized activities for the kids. The majority of the children were 10 and under so Maelie felt quite old! There was a Santa coming by and parents had to bring a small gift for him to give the kids. Maelie wanted to get something too so she wrapped up a 5$ bill and made sure I gave it to the Santa! LOL Every opportunity to get money is good!

This evening was the present evening. We bring the presents upstairs and put them under the tree. Peluche decided that he NEEDED Maelie's stocking. I am not sure why... he took it to the carpet where he goes with his treats.


Maelie had to steal it back from the carpet and he still wanted to rip it out of her hands! There must be a smell to the stocking...


Maelie was allowed to open up her Christmas even jammies!
 

She then  spent time organizing the gifts! She loves organizing them... first they are separated by recipient, then divided by the pattern of the wrapping paper...


After supper, we opened up the family game gift! I got Ticket to Ride. I really enjoy that game! Maelie was quite tired, so she cut the game off halfway. I am looking forward to playing that game again!!


Maelie always loves a family game night!! :) Hopefully she will start enjoying this game more because it gives us a break from Monopoly!


Early bedtime for us tonight!! I think we will be up early tomorrow!!

1 comment:

frankathwork said...

Coool! I want this game too. Francis keeps lookjng at Tabletop on YouTube where they review boardgamed We have so many fun ones now because of this show .... beyter than typical games like Monopoly.